/ Drolls, early music ensemble
discogs.com | drolls.kroogi.com
Kailas Records KLS 017
1. Cantiga [4:17] Cantigas de Santa Maria, Spain, XIII CSM 77 CSM 119
En Tample / IN A CHURCH / В Храме
2. Cuncti simus [3:28] Llibre Vermell, Spain, XIV LV 6
3. Maravillosos et piadosos [2:21] CSM 139
4. Miragres fremosos [2:31] CSM 37
5. Como poden [1:53] CSM 166
6. Lot set gotxs [4:55] LV 5
A La Cour / IN A COURT / При Дворе
7. La septime estampie royal [2:37] France, XIII)
8. Ja nus hons pris [2:33] Richard Cœur-de-Lion
9. Dies iam laetitiae [1:50] Czechia, XV
10. En mai au douz tens nouvel [3:40] France, XIII)
Uf Dem Anger / ON A MEADOW / На Лужайке
11. Fulget dies celebris [3:12] Germany, XII CB 153 b
12. Los bilbilicos [3:55] Spain, XV
13. Branle des chevaux [2:13] France, XVI
IN ANOTHER LAND / В Чужой Стране
14. Null ome per ren [5:30] CSM 361
15. An Italian Rant / Packington's Pound [5:26] England, XVI
16. La quinte estampie royal [3:04] France, XIII
In Taberna / IN A PUB / В Таверне
17. In Taberna [4:00] Germany, XIII CB 196
18. Nikriz Peşrev [5:14] Turkey, trad.
19. Olim lacus colueram [2:03] Germany, XIII CB 130 translated by M. Gasparov
20. Debka # 2 [3:19] Macedonia, traditional
21. Das Tafellied [1:50] Germany, XIII translated by M. Gasparov
22. Dietki mlade i stare [3:29] Czechia, XV
Early Music Ensemble
Dmitriy Cherevko — recorders, cornamuse, bansouree, double flute, transverse flute, domra, dombra, maultrommel, vocal
Pavel Popov — recorders, rauschpfeife, oboe, can, vocal
Igor Solovyev — vocal, mandolin, gothic harp
Aleksey Nikitin — djembey, darbukka, glockenspiel, landsknechttrommel, percussion, vocal
Sergey Popov — viola, rebec, vocal
Marianna Varlamova, Anastasiya Vasilyeva, Valeria Guleva, Oksana Kotsoban, Olga Ogorodina
Recorded and mixed at Dreamworld Center (Petrozavodsk) in January-February 2003
Sound, mixing, mastering — Andrey Ivanov
Conception, arranged, produced by Drolls
Design by Dmitriy Cherevko.
© & ℗ Kailas Records
© & ℗ ООО "КАЙЛАС РЕКОРДЗ" 2005 "ДОЛИНА БАРТАНГА"
The early music ensemble Drolls was founded in October 1999. The major
part of the ensemble creative activity is Western-European music of the
Middle Ages and Reanaissance.
Drolls (amusements in Old English) is a kind of comical musical performances widespread in England in the XVI-XVII centuries. Folk music including lyrical and festive songs for dancing and other was widely represented in those.
Four albums have been recorded by the ensemble:
Kalenda Maya, 2001
Kingsvirthday, live, 2002
Carminis Vagantibus, 2003
The ensemble dies a lot of touring. Several TV and radio programs are devoted to Drolls.
Drolls often collaborate with people relate to the spirit of the Middle Ages.
Keeping correctly the tradition of jugglers, Drolls turn their appearances into theatrical performances, arrayng themselves in the old times costumes - thus creating the extremely beautiful image of the long ago vanished dreamers.
The official web-site was founded in April 2001 and now contains the most reliable and detailed information about the ensemble actvity. You can find us at